Monday, May 16, 2016

Powder Perfect The Midlands Collection Swatches and Review


Happy Monday everyone!  After my recent first experience with Powder Perfect being such a positive one, I was really looking forward to trying more. Well I think I may be even more impressed with this new The Midlands collection, inspired by the legend of Robin Hood. "The Midlands is a swathe of land that cuts across the heart of England. It is home to Sherwood Forest, a mysterious place that provided refuge for the legendary renegade Robin Hood & his merry men."



Formula and application:
Powder Perfect polishes are all 5-free (meaning no Formaldehyde, Toluene, DBP, Formaldehyde Resin, Camphor). Each formula in the four piece collection is different so I will be describing each one individually. Application was a breeze with all four.

Bottle and brush:
The bottles contain 11ml. The brushes are flat with a medium width, a shape I really prefer. The length is medium sized and flexes well for application. 


Maid Marian  Is she a lady or a warrior? Handy with a needle or a sword? Maid Marian’s ever-changing character is reflected in this lacquer with a rich purple base filled with duochrome glitters that shift from gold to dark pink. Its dusty colored base that contrasts the sparkly shimmer and rich toned flakies is the part that I'm drawn to most in this polish. It is stunning, and my favorite of the collection. This is two coats, no top coat.



Nottingham is a colour as dark as the man’s intentions – a blackened navy blue polish with a smattering of silver holo. I don't have another polish like this and I love the delicate scattered holo in the navy base. This was almost a one coater, but I applied two coats. This was very shiny on it's own and the photos show the polish without top coat.



Robin Hood is a rich Lincoln Green lacquer inspired by the cloth that Robin Hood & his merry men wore. The cloth is still made in the British town of Lincoln and is dyed using woad & weld to produce the unique green. I didn't expect this green to be hard to photograph but for some reason it made my camera wig out a little. It's even deeper than shown here. This was a perfect creme formula with great coverage in two coats. Another shiny formula, this is without top coat.



Watchful Nights Who will you find creeping through the forest on this dark, moonless night? Are the lookouts awake? Watchful Nights is an inky purple polish with a crelly formula. Another really great formula. It's shiny and squishy but still really opaque in two coats, although I should have used three for my photos. This is without top coat.


Each polish retails from $10.50AUD/$11USD to $12.50AUD/USD and can be purchased from the Australian Powder Perfect website or the US Powder Perfect website.

Powder Perfect

What do you think about this collection? I love the inspiration, Robin Hood is such a classic and romantic legend, and the polishes capture it so well.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments!